Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back on the Soapbox {with updates too}

{Just a warning, the following is another soapbox stand... }
I can't lie - I'm so very disappointed in our country. I'm seriously in shock and perhaps even in a little denial. But, since we all know my views {and the reasons we [my family and I] voted the way we did}, please, please, let me urge you {and remind myself!} to do and remember a couple of things. Honestly, I had planned on posting this, no matter who won, but my convictions for these things are only stronger since Obama is our President-elect:
  • Pray, pray, pray! Pray for Obama - for wisdom, for God's guidance, and for a soften-heart to listen to the {wiser and more experienced} men and women who will be working around him. Pray for our troops - from the Secretary of Defense all the way to the lowest ranking men and women serving overseas... for strength to defend and for courage to take a stand against leaving our country open to another attack. Pray for our unborn - we now have a Pro-Death {"pro-choice" IS choosing death} President-elect, which only puts our unborn children at even greater risk. A friend put it well when he said that he is praying for supernatural protection for the unborn - we would do well to do the same.

Pray for our country.

  • Our God Reigns - Luckily, our God reigns no matter who is in the Presidential seat. The God who was on the throne yesterday, is still on the throne today. And will be tomorrow. Presidents only last for a limited time, but our God is the God of Eternity. I'm choosing to put my HOPE in Him - the Eternal One.

  • Become an Advocate - It is time that we stood up and just said no! No to the killing of our unborn children, no to those who wish to destroy the sanctity of marriage, and no to those who try to lessen our right to religious freedoms. We must be advocates for those who have no voice and not just for the "big issues" either. Do what you feel comfortable with, but be an advocate - be truly aware of the issues and the implications of what you are supporting.

Another friend of mine shared this article with us and I think it deserves to be reposted.

1 comment:

Sanders said...

Wow, I needed to read this and the article! Thanks!
~Tiffany