{It's an EXTREMELY picture heavy post, so I'll try to keep the text to a minimum!}
Happy Halloween!
While I still can, I'm dressing the Little Ones in themed costumes. I know the day will come when I won't be able to chose for them, so I'm taking advantage while I still can. This year: Pirates. {Next Year: already purchased store costumes. ha!} I didn't get the greatest photos of them together or of Ellie, so I'm planning on taking them on a mini-photo shoot this week to get a few better photos.

{I would like to remind myself that next time, use buttons or Velcro - not hooks and eyes and make shirt/pant garters. Else you'll be tucking in shirts and pants again all night, Sam.}
First stop of the evening was Trick or Treating on base. We only hit up the Commander's street due to time and energy. After just a few houses, Noah knew exactly what to do and even broke out into a run a couple of times to get to the next home.
He was mostly a fearless pirate.
But still liked to have his Daddy nearby.
While walking back to the car, Noah got to enjoy some juice snacks. Once in the car, the last one in the package choked him up and got a little sick on his shirt....
So, when we stopped to see our friend Katie before going back home, he really looked like a pirate. Bare chest and all.
e.jpg)
Like last year, we had our friends from Life Group over for a little party. Jadyn made an adorable Belle.
Erin and I took Jadyn and Noah trick-or-treating down the street. It was getting pretty dark, but Noah had the hang of it and once even tried to let himself in to our neighbor's house.
A few houses down, we passed some pretty scary looking kids and it was all over for him. He was totally freaked out, didn't want to walk, and was ready to go home. Jadyn, however, was unfazed. She's so brave.
"Trick or Treat!"
The yummy snacks and sweets that normally go along with Halloween {and the upcoming holidays} are something that I just love. I tried two new recipes this year: Candy Corn Cookies and Candy Corn Bark. I HIGHLY recommend the cookies... they were so tasty and so easy and I'm already thinking of different shapes that they could be molded into: hearts, trees, cars, etc. The bark was okay, but I probably won't make it again unless it's for a kid party.
Once we got back, Burgandi, Law, and Harrison came to join the party - Harrison makes a pretty cute pirate too! {And I totally forgot to take any of Becca and Natalie once they got here!}Ben received a lot of compliments on his pumpkins... especially one of the new ones:

e.jpg)
2 comments:
Cute, cute, CUTE! Are those foam pumpkins? I didn't realize you could do that if they are. Love the Vader, of course! ;)
They are! The ones from Michael's. {They were on clearance last week at 60% off!} Ben uses his Drimmel to "carve" them... and they've held up SO well! :)
Post a Comment