Last night, just as Ben got home, the rain started. Rain which turned quickly to freezing rain, which eventually turned to snow. We woke to probably around four inches of the fluffy white stuff already on the ground, which by the time the snowfall stopped this afternoon was nearly six inches deep. A drop in the bucket compared to what some are getting, but for us, it's more than enough. It was also enough snow {and ice} to close down the base, giving Ben a "Snow Day" at home with us.
Noah was thoroughly excited about the snow. He asked to go sledding {we don't have a sled}, he asked for presents {Christmas was over a month ago, Sweetie}, and when Ben asked him if he wanted to go outside after breakfast, he willingly and excitedly bundled up.

Ben taught him how to make and throw a snowball.
Which was awesome.

But it was stinkn' cold, so I left them outside to play.

They had a blast. A blast that lasted about only ten minutes. And Ellie and I had a blast watching them from inside the nice warm house.

But it was stinkn' cold, so I left them outside to play.

They had a blast. A blast that lasted about only ten minutes. And Ellie and I had a blast watching them from inside the nice warm house.
The rest of our snow day was spent watching Thomas and Word World, playing Thomas, sleeping, and watching the snow fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment