Monday, May 18, 2009

A Big Brother and a Little.....

..... sister!


{I had bought these shirts, along with one that said "Little Brother", while we were in San Antonio last week... and I came close to not even bothering buying the "Little Sister" one because I was so convinced that the baby was a boy! It was just the first, of many, pink purchases!}



We had our first appointment with the Perinatologist, Dr. Maberry, this morning and one of the first things he told us once he started the ultrasound was that Baby #2 is a GIRL! We were slightly shocked and pleasantly surprised! Don't get me wrong, we would have been very happy either way {the practical side of me really wanted another boy first}, but we're pretty excited to be welcoming a little extra pink into our house! Not to mention, I'm glad to restore the "balance".



Dr. Maberry also said that she {it's SO weird to say "she" now instead of "the baby"} is measuring right on target, 20 weeks 1 day, so she's not too big and not too small. {Just for reference, at this point with Noah we were measuring about 10-12 days ahead.}



Girl "parts"



Baby Girl's face



And, after lunch, Noah and I stopped by Target to pick up a couple of things.... and we couldn't resist getting a couple more pink things.

Oh, and because I know so many of you will ask, we haven't decided 100% on her name yet... we tossed around a couple that we really like, but fear not - I'll be sure to post the name once we make the final decision! :)

14 comments:

SarahRJohnston said...

So Exciting! I look forward to hearing her sweet name, we are still working on our little girl's name (it's hard the 3rd time). Yea for pink!!!

faith buss said...

Ella is wearing the Little Sister shirt today... I need the Big Brother one for Miles, huh?

Congrats! It's fun. ;)

Craig-Jen said...

Yeah! It's a girl! So excited for you and Ben! I'm also glad that the baby is measuring perfectly!

Stephanie said...

Yay!!!!!!!! So amazing! Can't wait to hear about the name and to see little Miss Smith! :)

Katy said...

I so happy we all know! Let the shopping begin! Noah will be such a good big brother for his little sister! How lucky she will be to have a big brother looking out for her.

Congratulations!

ADB said...

congrats! that's so exciting...love the pink purchases that you've already made =)

Krissi Dallas said...

OHMIGOSH!! I can't even imagine what a miniature Samantha will be like ... I'm SOOOO excited!! I hope she's wonderfully loyal, endearingly opinionated, and fantastically as awesome as YOU! Congrats to the whole family. Love you bunches. (And hooray for pink stuff!)

Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! OH I'M GOING SHOPPING.... CONGRATS!!!!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! SISTER!SISTER!SISTER! She's going to be beautiful!!!!

Michelle Loy, MPH, MS, RD, CSSD said...

How exciting! Love girls, too. I'm all about that balance:) I told Josh and he said "Hmmm...their kids are the perfect age to match up with our kids", i.e. pre-arranged marriages. Haha.

SarahRJohnston said...

Where did you get the Big brother/ little sister shirts? Those are some of the cutest I've seen.

Meredith said...

Aw, congrats on the little girl! I can tell you from experience that daughters are a LOT of fun and you will have a blast....ooooh, and I just realized maybe she'll be another redhead! Yay for redheads!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations! What a great little family! Sending lots of love and prayers.

Samantha said...

Thanks Ladies!! :)

Sarah, I got them at the Carter's outlet in San Marcos... I'm pretty sure they had bigger sizes too. You'll have to stop on your way!!

And Michelle, Ben read the comment about our kids being perfect match-ups and we're totally game! ;) We'd love their in-laws!

Shannon said...

Hooray for girls! I may be a bit biased but I really do love little girls! (good thing, with three of my own, huh?) :)
I'm super excited for you, dear Samantha!