Friday, May 29, 2009

Day One: Big Boy Toddler Bed

Toddler Bed, Day One: Fail.


At least he finally took a nap in the pack and play.


We tried, slightly in vain, last night to get him to sleep in the converted crib. He cried the first time he fell {or did he roll?} out. Then, I tried to get him to lay down by staying in there with him. Not a bad idea until I tried to sneak out as he started dozing off. So I laid back down next to the crib and it was then that he realized he could safely get out {"Feet first"}. He wanted to play. In an effort to maintain the sanity and sleep of everyone involved, he promptly went into the pack and play, which for the time being, he cannot climb out of. He fell asleep within 10 minutes.


Naptime this afternoon, however, was a totally different story: He was excited to go lay down on his big boy bed and laid down easily. I shut the door and left him alone in his room and for a few minutes, he stayed in bed. Once I heard him up playing, I would go in there and lay him back down saying, "It's naptime Noah". Towards the end of our 45 minute ordeal, when I would open the door to the nursery to put him back in bed, he would start running for the bed. He knew he was suppose to be in bed!! But, as you can see in the picture above, naptime ended up being in the pack and play too.

Hopefully tonight will be a very different story.

No comments: