Friday, March 19, 2010

MMoM: Craft/Work Day

Last year, the guys got MMoM {Man Month of May} and, unfortunately, the gals didn't get a month {for multiple reasons, the least of it being that we had two pregnant ladies, one deployed hubby, one hubby whom we were prepping for a deployment, and busy schedules all around}. This year, we decided to claim March {and possibly part of April too} as MMoM {Maiden Month of March}. Today, we had one of our "events": a "Craft/Work" Day!

Erin came over and we got to work:

she on her bibs {my favorite was a toss up between the puppy and the cowboy hat}...

and I on Ellie's Easter outfit:


Later on, after the other girls got off work, the rest of the gals {and their hubbies} came over for dinner,

snacks, desserts, and then some more craft/work time for the gals while the guys played some Wii. It was awesome to get some good work done in the company of good friends!

4 comments:

Sonja said...

what a great idea! Wish I lived close enough to be in the MMoM group! And I'm so jealous of your sewing abilities! I have a machine. And I'd love to learn to sew. But...nope!

And, did you make those sweet little shoes too??

Michelle Loy, MPH, MS, RD, CSSD said...

That dress is so cute! Wish I had those skillz!

Samantha said...

Thanks Ladies!!

Sonja, I did make the shoes! :) And seriously, I keep thinking about how I have all these girlfriends that either want to learn to sew or are too scared to use a pattern {ahem, Erin, if you are reading this!} that we should just have a sewing boot camp one of these days. I'm by no means an expert, but I could share what I know! And, you know, Abliene is only about 4-5 hours from OKC... close enough for a weekend retreat! Wouldn't that be fun?!

Sonja said...

okay, I'm totally in. Get a boot camp planned. I'll bring Faith. Between the 2 of you, surely you could learn me something! :-)