Monday, July 19, 2010

Project Life

I really haven't had been scrapbooking lately. As in, I haven't fully scrapbooked a single layout {for myself, anyway} since we've been here. And I hate that. I miss it. It's a great creative outlet for me and I love the end product. And I miss my crop days/nights with my California girls tremendously. Because while I love having and keeping this blog, I also love having something tangible to look through. To see little physical representations of the things that we have done, seen, and experienced together as a family. That's one reason why I was {and am!} so excited about Becky Higgins' newest product, Project Life. I love {♥} her products {I own the baby kits, the school kits, and a school expansion kit!}, so when I saw this one, I knew that it would be perfect for documenting my 30th year {because 30 is the theme this year} and would hopefully get me back into the swing of scrapbooking for us.

So far, it has not disappointed.

It has also given me the extra little bit of prompting that I needed to hone my PSE skills... um, hello Actions! Where have you been all my life?

And the best part?

I got nearly seven weeks worth of documenting done and in the album in one episode of Big Brother and two episodes of Glee.

3 comments:

Michelle Loy, MPH, MS, RD, CSSD said...

I miss scrapbooking, too! I think about it often and just sigh. I am SO a fan of actions, and I love CoffeeTeaPhotography for her FREE actions. Best discovery I ever made..okay maybe that's an exaggeration!

Craig-Jen said...

You need to check out Pioneer Woman's action sets - they're free. And when you have extra money - Totally Rad Actions has some cool ones!

Samantha said...

Michelle, I &heart; CoffeeTea... those were the second ones I downloaded... the first, Jen, were PW's! :D And I'm drooling over the TRA - saving up some slush money for a few!