Sunday, October 16, 2011

35 Years | Mom and DaddyMan

October 16th is always kind of a big deal around here. It's my parent's anniversary {more on that in a second}, it's the anniversary of the day I met Ben {nine years, Buddy! Here's to many, many more! And thanks BB!}, and it's even my blogiversary {one, two, three, FOUR YEARS!}!

We started the day off at home. With Ellie barely 36 hours into antibiotics and me still trying to get well myself, we skipped church this morning. And while Nana and Papa were out running an errand to WalMart, the kids and I made a little banner to help celebrate the day.




BB, Jessie, and Bryan all came over after church for lunch and I'm certain that at least Noah and Bryan had a good time... putting together the new Legos that Daddy had sent him.




Since everybody got some rest during naptime, we decided to go ahead and go through with the previously planned photoshoot of the kids and Mom and DaddyMan. We took some photos of the SuperDuo at the skate park and then walked down to my favorite spot {and Mom's too!} by the lake.



Taking photos of my parents was, I'll admit, a lot of fun. And I definitely got some shots that we'll all love forever!



{Once back home, I showed this one to Mom and DaddyMan and Dad's exact response was: "Your Momma is hot!" and then promptly asked me if I could somehow put it on his phone as his wallpaper. True and deep love, folks. Even after 35 years. And hopefully putting the photo on his phone for him got me favorite daughter status for a couple of days. ♥}




Mom and DaddyMan, thanks for setting such an amazing example of love and friendship for us to follow. We love you! ♥

No comments: