Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Paint!"

The walls in the kids' room are bare. And boring. And really are in need of some decor. The kids and I set to work today to remedy that.


After naps and snacks, I got everything set up for them to paint some 8x10 canvases. Earlier in the day, Mom, the kids and I purchased some paint and paintbrushes, so they knew that after snacks, they were going to get to paint.


Both of them were so. very. excited.


Noah worked on some Cars themed paintings {Lightening McQueen, as seen below}:



While Ellie painted in her Princess themed colors {"piddy paint!"}:

Good fun was had by all, until it was time finish up and put it all away.


Noah didn't want to stop. His last painting transitioned from "Finn Missle on a road" to "Mader" to "Mader and M'Queen". I had planned on them painting a maximum of 3 each. He painted four... and would have kept going if we would have let him!


The only way to get Ellie to stop was to put her in the kitchen sink to clean her up let her play in the bubbles. She painted three, and like her brother, would have kept going too!




Can't wait to see the finished products on the walls!



No comments: