Thursday, August 11, 2011

School and Sleep

We haven't been doing much in the way of school lately. Mostly because a good portion nearly all of our school supplies are packed. So yesterday, while Noah and I were at Target {thanks for letting us have a little adventure, sans the munchkin, Nana!}, we picked up this fun dry erase board.


Noah. loves. it.

And he diligently traces the letters just so he can make the smoke coming off of the candle on the cupcake {which is hidden from view by his right hand!}.




He also loves sharing an after dinner, after bath treat with Papa.


***


Remember when my Littlest One was sleeping through the night and staying in her big girl bed until I came in to get her each morning? I do. And remember how since we've been in Oklahoma, it's been one trial after another just to get her to sleep in the same room as Noah? I do We all do.

The biggest trial, really, has been that she loves to get in bed with Noah. And, normally, I'd be okay with this type of sibling affection. Except, with her, it's not affection. It's I'm-going-to-pester-you-until-you-are-crying-and-screaming-for-Mommy-to-come-save-you-because-I-woke-you-up-by-poking-your-eyes attention. I'd deal with this little tete-a-tete a couple of times each night until I finally would give up and do one of three things: pull her into bed with me {rarely worked}, pull Noah into bed with me {leaving her to have their room to herself}, or put her in the pack 'n' play {which, until a couple of weeks ago, we kept in Mom and Daddy-Man's closet}.

Her princess bed {"priddy beh" as she calls it}, for the most part, has gone unused because she simply won't stay in it.

This past week she learned to climb out of the pack 'n' play. I knew it was coming. She figured out how to climb in, it was only a matter of time before she figured out how to get out.

So yesterday, I ordered this:



And paid the nearly $22.00 for overnight shipping.


Noah's reaction: "Where's the tent for my McQueen bed?"


Ellie's reaction when I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her princess bed or monkey bed tonight?





"I'wn money beh."


Here's to a good night's sleep for all of us!

No comments: