Monday, August 29, 2011

{Some} Recent Craftiness

Since I'm feeling sick.. and the kids are too... I didn't really take any photos today. However, I have a couple of crafts that I haven't shared on the blog {for one reason or another}, so at least you'll have something fun too look at!


For Jessie and Bryan's Rehearsal Dinner, I had Michael, our cousin, draw this photo of the Up house, sans balloons. You can read more about it here, and here are a few up close photos of the finished product:




{totally my fault that their finger prints didn't line up... but the concept still is the same}





Hopefully I'll be able to get over to their place soon to get a few photos of it and the rest of the fun decor that everyone has been working so hard on.


Another project that I had been working on and finally got mailed off - to Ben! - was a Beach Towel Backpack. My Aunt had shown me a version that she made for my cousin, so I decided to make a slightly more "grown-up" version for Ben... in hopes that he wouldn't lose another pair of scuba goggles {oh, yes, Dear One - I just ratted you out! xoxox}.



Similar to the quillows that were so popular for a while, the bag is actually attached to the back of the towel! So while you are walking to the beach, you can use it to carry your stuff, once there you can use the bag part to hide valuables and the towel to lay on/dry off with, and then stuff it all back inside the bag when it's time to go! I'm keeping my eye out for some cute {and smaller} beach towels for the kids during the end of summer clearances to make ones for them.



***


In other news, today starts Sonic's Limeades for Learning! My sister, Bridget {BB}, has a project going that we'd REALLY appreciate you going in and voting for. You'll have to register, only the one time, before you can actually vote, but after that one time registration {all they do is send you an email to verify that it is a legitimate email address}, you can vote daily. Even if you don't go to or even know what Sonic is! AND, if you do go to Sonic, be sure to enter the code on your sticker for an extra TWO votes. Please help her struggling readers get some of the extra resources that they need to help her bring them up to grade level in reading.


To vote for her project, click here.


Thanks!! ♥

No comments: