Saturday, December 13, 2008

Favors

Last night, for the first time, Noah was babysat by someone other than family* {okay, let's be honest here... someone other than my parents}. Ben and I attended his squadron Christmas party and while they provided childcare, we were much more comfortable having him stay with Josh and Erin, a couple from our small group that we knew and trusted. Needless to say, everyone survived {it's so hard to leave, even when you know he's in very capable and trustworthy hands} and Ben even won a prize at the party: a Sirius radio!




So today, to return the favor, I took some family photos of Josh, Erin, and Jadyn and the rest of Josh's side of the family. I literally took almost three hundred pictures! Here's a few of my favorites {after a little editing}:




Jackson... isn't he adorable?!



The Whole Clan


Kissin' cousins, Jadyn and Jackson

Jackson, Melissa, and Cody


Josh, Jadyn and Erin



The Grandbabies :)



M and B with their youngest, Seth


I was a little worried after I made them a CD of the raw pictures... but now, after a little bit of editing, I think some of them turned out pretty good. And I had a lot of fun doing it!



* By family, I mean biological family... Erin and Josh, we definitely consider you our small group family!

3 comments:

Tracie Martin said...

What a nice way to return the favor...those really are great pictures. Have a wonderful holiday together! Oh, we need to swap Squadron Christmas story tales...

Shannon said...

Those are great photos! What kind of camera do you have? I especially like the one with the two kiddos under the tree!

Samantha said...

Thanks ladies!

Shannon, I have a Canon 20D - it's a digital SLR. After we got out of debt, it was our first big purchase {that and a trip to Hawaii!} and I can honestly say it was a very wise investment... I just hit 10,000 pictures on it during their photo shoot. No telling how much we've saved in not having to pay for film or development!