Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tonight You are My Baby.

This afternoon, while Noah and I were finishing up our Christmas shopping, we stopped in Books-A-Million {I TOTALLY prefer Barnes and Noble, but there isn't one in town}. While we were shopping, we took some time out to read a few Christmas stories {to find a few to start our Christmas book collection with} and one stopped me in my tracks... I literally started crying in the book store while I read it to Noah. It's called "Tonight You are My Baby". And while the book is meant to show the story of the nativity, it also shows the motherly love that Mary had for her sweet little Jesus-child. What brought me to tears was the reoccurring verse "Tomorrow you will be King, but tonight you are my baby."



Tomorrow Noah will be one, but tonight, he is my baby.


***


One of our favorite times of day is play time with Daddy in the evening. Noah just loves to laugh and play with Ben:





He also loves to "dance" {he bounces up and down}... and gets a little upset when the music stops playing:




2 comments:

Katy said...

That book title is similar to a line in a song called Mary's Lullaby that Mary sings to the Christ Child at our church's yearly Easter pageant. It's a such a gorgeous song! The only part of the song I remember is the one with the line in it:
"O let me enfold thee, my baby tonight,
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a King... but tonight you are mine."

Unknown said...

OKay I am crying... and Katy's song just made it worse.

I wish our little boys would stay little forever.