Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let's Try This Again

We've been sitting on another secret. Well, "sitting", isn't quite the right word... "baking" or "growing" might be a better word. Not enough of a hint? How about this?


Or this?



We're having another baby! We are so very excited and still slightly in shock. We weren't expecting to be able to get pregnant without having fertility treatments again! I'm almost 9 weeks along and have a due date set on October 2 {though after a discussion with the OB this morning, we're looking at a mid-September delivery date}. We had our first ultrasound this morning and saw one adorable baby with a very strong little heartbeat.

{Sorry the picture isn't the best, but every time I try to scan it, it doesn't scan that well.}

Baby Smith #2 is officially on it's way!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! :-D Too bad we will be passing through one month earlier..... But September 22nd is a great day to have a birthday!! ;-)

Katy said...

AAHH!! How exciting! I hope you are healthy and strong the entire pregnancy and the same for your new little one! Yeah!!

And on a somewhat-related note, I love those digital pregnancy tests...why does anyone mess around with those silly line ones anymore when you can get a message like that as clear as day!

Julie said...

congratulations! so exciting! :)

Amanda said...

OH MY GOSH WHAT AMAZING EXCITING NEWS!!! I am SO thrilled for you guys!!! Congrats Sam, Ben and BIG BROTHER NOAH!!!

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

These little surprises sure are fun :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome!

Craig-Jen said...

Oh, now that is good news! Congrats Ben and Sam!

A3 said...

congrats again! i am so excited for you guys. :) yippee!!!!!!!!!

Tracie Martin said...

Yeah!!! That's exciting news...will you find out the gender or keep it a surprise? Wow, that means you're going to be pretty far along in the Texas heat...I feel for ya, Sista!

lisa said...

Congratulations! And Noah makes a really cute big brother!

Anonymous said...

it's a girl! i KNOW it is!!! how about "elyse"? you can call her "ellie." "elyse michelle." congrats again, woman! xo

SarahRJohnston said...

I had a feeling this might be coming for you. Most my friends who have had fertility problems the first time around had none the second time around. It is going to be one special baby in one very special family. Someday maybe we will live closer to eachother and all our babies can play- this one will only be 1 month apart from my #4! I am so excited for you and look forward to seeing your family grow!

Krissi Dallas said...

Oh, I'm soooo happy for you guys!!! What an unexpected blessing ... I hope it's a girl, heehee. :) Love you!!

Shannon said...

When I read your comment on my blog, I was sooo super excited! I thought I must have missed a post on your blog announcing the new little one, but I'm glad I didn't! :) Congratulations to all of you! :) We'll be back in the States then, so maybe I can meet the little one. (crossing-fingers)

Laura said...

Hey there... you don't know me, but I think I found you on FF. I have a son born in December 2007. So I've been reading your blog for a little while. :) Anyway, I just wanted to say congratulations! You must be so very excited.

-Laura (everypath.org)

Michelle Loy, MPH, MS, RD, CSSD said...

Congratulations, yay, yay, yay -- Baby #2 Smith is on the way!

*Kelly* said...

Thats so GREAT!!! CONGRATS!! Prayers for a healthy and sick-free pregnancy!!!