Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Big Day

Anyone who has ever ridden in the car with us knows that I am a huge fan of extended rear-facing. Despite the fact that he has turned one and is over 20 pounds, I've kept Noah rear-facing. Until today.

Here's the last picture of my nearly two-year-old sitting in his car seat rear-facing:

{Running errands with Mommy can really wear you out.}
During the kid's naps this afternoon, I installed Noah's new car seat and decided that instead of installing it rear-facing only to turn it forward-facing in a month or so, that I'd go ahead and install it forward-facing now. And, because I wanted to make sure that he was okay with it, when he woke up from his nap, we loaded into the car for a trip to Sonic.



He was a little unsure of it at first, but by the time we were out of the driveway, all you could hear from the backseat was "Whee!", "Luk!", and "Go, go, go Momma!".... the whole drive to Sonic.



***

During our errands this morning, we picked up a "toy" that I've had my eye on since last Christmas... the Little People Nativity Set. We have our own Nativity set that my parents had got us our first Christmas and I can remember my parents always having their set out too. But they weren't {are not} ones that the kids can really have access to. Enter the Little People.

Noah absolutely loves them. And twice already has called Baby Jesus "Eee" {meaning, Ellie!}.
Yep, Buddy, she's a baby, just like He was.


1 comment:

Katy said...

I love that nativity set! I might have to get one or something like it. It's good to have a set that the kids can touch and handle while they are learning about Christmas!

I say any toy that reminds us and the kids about Christmas' real purpose is great to me!