Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hannah's 2nd Birthday Party

As it goes with many other close-knit families, we have several families within our circles of friends whom we consider family friends. Ones that as kids, two or more sisters would come over to play {or go over to play} at a time, whose homes were always open for the kids and parents alike to come in and stay a while to catch up, or whom we spent lots of time with through various school and/or church functions, allowing for deeper relationships and friendships between all involved to grow. The Lee's are one of those families.




BB and Stephanie were close friends and so were Jessie and Stacy. Mom and Daddy-Man were in Sunday School with Toni and Gary and Toni even helped host my church wedding shower. Nick {Stephanie's husband} and I ran in some of the same circles in college at OBU. So when Stacy asked me if we were planning to come to Hannah's birthday party and if I'd be willing to take photos for them, I told her of course!


The birthday girl, Hannah.







She had a blast at her own birthday party, which is always a wonderful thing!




My kids had a great time too... and I have to say, I was SO very pleased with how they both behaved, but especially with Noah! He was so excited at first because he thought HE was getting the presents. Thankfully, he understood that it was Hannah's birthday and we were giving her the presents. I sat on the floor while taking photos of her opening her gifts and instead of trying to get in the middle of the present-opening {like he REALLY wanted to}, he sat, ever-so-still, next to me. Such a good boy.




He also loved the pinata.




He didn't break it, but he did hit it several times! Ellie didn't want to try.




Photobucket

Eventually, Nick just had to rip it open and dump the contents on the ground. The kids didn't mind one bit.




Both of mine loved that it was filled with suckers. Noah is already insisting that "I'm going to have a yada at my birfday. A Thomas yada. With candy and suckers and TOYS in it!"


Umm... we'll see about that Buddy.



And, what do you know? He still got his own little "presents" to take home.





Happy 2nd Birthday Hannah and glad we got to see you and your family!

No comments: