Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter

It's no secret that around here, we're big fans of Harry Potter. Ben and I use to go to midnight showings and book releases before we had kids. I remember one book release in particular {Book Four, I think Ben?} that I, not realizing that you needed to PRE-ORDER to pick up a book at a midnight release, showed up at 11:30 expecting to be able to get a book. Lucky for me, I had a {at-the-time} fiancee who was able to finagle me a "golden ticket" so we could purchase one. And that faux pau never happened again. My dear friend Angie and I even braved the crowds once while living in LA to attend the red carpet movie premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. And when book seven was released in July 2007, we were among those in line to purchase the book at midnight - little pregnant belly and all. We both spent that weekend stretched out on our couches reading: me, book seven and Ben, books six and seven.


I won't even lie - I. cannot. wait. to get to read these books and watch these movies with the kids.


So, one thing that we had been planning since we knew about it's release date {which, also, partially caused Jessie to push the wedding to the following weekend! ha!}, was all of us going to the midnight showing together.


I won't lie here either - I'm totally bummed that I didn't get to see the final Harry Potter movie in the theatre with Ben.


But, we had fun, none-the-less, and in spite of the crazy guys sitting in the balcony next to Bryan and Jessie. Thanks for staying home, Daddy-Man, with the kids!





We will miss you, Harry Potter! ♥

1 comment:

lisa said...

I think its so neat that you could go with your family. I'm like that about star wars and a couple of friends stood in line for me to get tickets when episode 1 came out. We ended up taking a row and a half at the theatre. Everyone else wore shirts, but me because I was boycotting WM. By episode 3 I was married and took my father in law to the midnight show. I bought matching "the force is strong with this one" shirts. I love the picture of the both of us. Such a good memory and my favorite theatre trip.