Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Great State Fair of Oklahoma!

No post yesterday.


I didn't take any photos before naps {we were busy running errands and the like} and then, literally moments after the kids woke up from their naps, I had an allergic reaction to some pecan-infested caramel popcorn {Seriously, Cub Scouts. Who puts pecans in caramel popcorn?!}. I'm normally super diligent about asking and/or reading labels. I make Ben brush his teeth before he can kiss me after he's had something with pecans in it. It's been YEARS since I've had a reaction because I'm so careful. And ironically, just before Dad bought the popcorn from the Cub Scouts outside of Sam's Club, I had asked one of the vendors inside if I could have a cookie cut with a new knife since they were using the same knife to cut all the cookies with {including ones with pecans!}.


{{sigh}}


One bottle of Benadryl later and I'm certain I'll never encourage the purchase of a tin of popcorn from the Cub Scouts again!


***


Instead of getting up early to go to church today, we got up and headed out to the Great State Fair of Oklahoma. It was a beautiful morning and when we arrived, the crowds were not bad at all.




Batman, Robin, and Batgirl in the "Batmobile" in the car building





We ♥ BBT!






Noah and I went into the Butterfly Pavilion, just the two of us. It was an awesome little side adventure. Made me think of when Ben and I went to a butterfly exhibit on our first anniversary trip. Ben and I tried SO hard to get one of the blue morphos to land on us... and here Noah had one on each hand and at one point, he and I both had one on our backs!




Poor Ellie didn't get to go in with us, but she seemed to be having a good time anyway with the rest of the crew!













Checking out the storm shelters with Papa. They were also known as "Bat Caves".

















Fun trip, lots of memories, and plenty of good ole' fair food!

No comments: