Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"I want to be a Fireman."

Noah got a book yesterday from Grandma Haze titled, "I want to be a Fireman." While I was putting Ellie to bed last night, Nana read it to him. One page in particular, caught both of their attention:




Nana pointed out to Noah that the little boy and his sister made a fire truck out of a box. Maybe, she told him, Mommy would let him make one out of the box all the presents were mailed in. No sooner than I had walked out of their room from putting Ellie down for bed, Noah was asking to make one! Assuring him that we'd make one tomorrow, I put him to bed as well.


First thing this morning, he wanted to make a firetruck. Except, we had bible study at church which meant there was no time in the morning.


"After naps", I promised him.


He didn't forget. And while I was changing Ellie's diaper, he was getting the crayons out and ready.




He didn't want a ladder. And didn't like that Ellie added "smoke" to his windows.




It's hard being a fire fighter.


1 comment:

lisa said...

I LOVE that second photo. Too cute!