This morning at about five o'clock, when I was getting back in bed from my hourly bathroom break, my water broke. Now, I've always heard stories about how women sometimes, umm, pee on themselves when pregnant, so my first thought was not "MY WATER BROKE!", but "Oh my gosh. I just peed the bed!" I spent nearly an hour of hopping in and out of bed and I finally realized that this might just be it. After talking with Ben and calling my mom too, I called my OB who told me to go immediately to the hospital. So, we got ready, loaded up the newly completed hospital bags (good job Ben!), and headed out in LA's rush hour traffic to Santa Monica/UCLA Medical Center. By the time we got there, I has having contractions and was convinced that Noah would be born today.
At 11:36am Noah Eugene was born via c-section due to him still being breech. He was 10lbs 11ozs and 21 in long. Because he was born slightly early, he was having some breathing problems. After getting him all cleaned up and allowing Ben to cut the cord, the nurses took him to the NICU for monitoring and eventually to intibate him to help him breathe.
He has already stolen our hearts.
2 comments:
How precious your little bundle of joy is!
It's incredible how amazingly deep this love is, isn't it? Welcome to parenthood!! I'm SO excited for you. :)
I'll pray for Noah to come home very soon.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING A PHOTO!!
p.s. I missed you at Bunco tonight :(
Post a Comment