Saturday, July 12, 2008

House Hunting

This picture is actually from last night at Cracker Barrel, but I had to include it because I thought Carol might get a kick out of seeing Noah in a red "towboy" hat like Ben used to have! :)
***
Ben, Noah, and I spent the day in Abilene house hunting. We went into what felt like a million homes and finally narrowed our choices down to two. We'll probably put a bid on one tomorrow. After spending the day driving around Abilene, we're pretty convinced that we'll like it. The town offers almost all of our favorite places and is growing by leaps and bounds {according to our realtor}. There is a great little shopping area near the neighborhood that we like that has almost all of my favorite stores, so I'm happy! After finishing house hunting, the three of us stopped to eat dinner at Texas Roadhouse {oh, how I missed their steaks!} and then headed over to Dyess AFB for our first look around and *hopefully* to get a room so that we wouldn't have to drive back to Wichita Falls. But, there was no room at the {Dyess} Inn.

And there wasn't any at the {Holiday} Inn either. So much for spending tomorrow looking around our new home town. :P

No comments: