Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Travel Day Two

We got up early again this morning so that we could hopefully make it into Oklahoma City before dinner time. We left the hotel this morning at 5:27am! {I thought that was kinda funny, since we left at 5:26am yesterday!} Noah did pretty well today too, though he didn't nap nearly as well and was quite a bit fussier than he was yesterday.
Welcome to Texas! One more state to go!
EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas! ;)


And, since the picture of the Oklahoma sign didn't turn out at all, I just took a picture of my football helmet. Welcome {back to} Oklahoma!
***
Our original plan actually had us rolling into Oklahoma City tomorrow around noon, but since Noah did so well and both Ben and I were anxious to get the drive over with and relax in OKC, we pressed on. As a result, my family had no clue that we were in town - we let them believe we were still on our old schedule. So after we checked into the hotel and got cleaned up, we headed over to my Mom and Daddy-man's. To surprise them, we sat Noah in his Bumbo, rang the doorbell and ran out of sight. It took BB a minute to look down and realize that there was a baby on the doorstep, but the look on her face shows how happy all of the family was to see us a day early.

Aunt BB realizing that Noah is sitting on the porch.
PaPa and Noah playing - Daddy-Man is so excited to be able to really hold him now!
Noah pulling on his Daddy's hair - for some reason, Ben really likes this.
Nana and Noah playing with his new train from his Grandparents.
It's so good to be here.



2 comments:

Katy said...

I'm so glad you got in alright! I don't know how you survived all that driving (I'm not a car trip person)! It's fun to surprise family, especially when you have a baby to surprise them with!

Unknown said...

I love the look on Bridget's face!! That was such a great surprise for all of them, I am sure!!!