Thursday, January 21, 2010

An Afternoon Walk {in January!}

It was 71 today. In January. And we're not living in California anymore.

Ironically, yesterday, a tornado touched down not two miles from one of our old California small group friend's home... guess we've traded weather with them for a while.

Since we had such beautiful weather and we hadn't really left the house much this week {thank you, Potty Training}, I loaded the kids into the stroller and we headed out for a nice {long} walk.

Noah was much too busy watching the kids on their bikes to be bothered with a picture.

Ellie, well, she completely enjoyed her first walk in the stroller without her car seat.

I'm just hoping we have more days like this - 71F in January is much better than the 20s we were having around Christmas!

Normally I don't add pictures of our meals, but after I "plated" our dinner, I had to snap a photo... and yes, it was as good as it looks!

4 comments:

Michelle Loy, MPH, MS, RD, CSSD said...

Mmmm, definitely looks like a delicious meal!

Kristin said...

Is that pineapple chicken? I totally have a fresh pineapple on my counter waiting for me to make that this weekend! Yum!

Oh and totally jealous of the weather! Send some of that warmth our way, I'm freezing! ;)

Samantha said...

Yumm... Pineapple chicken!

It's Caribbean Jerk with pineapple slices... loaded Sweet Potatoes {ala Texas Roadhouse}... and steamed Sugar Snap Peas.

Seriously, I'd make it again tonight if I thought Ben wouldn't protest {and if I had everything I needed}. Good thing we've already got plans for Texas Roadhouse next week or I'd make those potatoes tonight!!

Unknown said...

Your crossing over and taking pictures of food like us. haha It looks so good!!