{Sorry to those of you who are tired of hearing about pee and poop. If you are tired of reading about it, then please don't read this post. But, if you are like me, and all your thoughts and effort are focused on it, well, join me on this road to "freedom"!}
Potty training has been taking it's toll. We know Noah gets it and is ready, but evidently he has a little too much of his Mommy and Daddy in him and is just plain stubborn. I was seriously on the verge of just giving it up and waiting a little while longer. Not because I thought he wasn't ready, but because I was feeling a little over-whelmed with it. And I realized yesterday that while the desire was there for him to be potty-trained, the drive wasn't high enough and a plan wasn't laid. Oh, we had all the right tools and rewards: M&Ms, stickers, tattoos, a fun new musical potty and we had the desire {I mean, who really wants to change two sets of diapers 6-10 times a day?} but we weren't pursuing it the way we should have been and didn't have a consistent plan.
Enter Dave Ramsey.
I know you're thinking, "Isn't he the financial guy? What on earth does he have to do with potty-training?"
He has everything to do with it.
I needed gazelle-intensity.
And so today, with the help of the timer, the DVR, lots of patience and consistency, we're at a 70% success rate with 6 pees in the potty, one poop in the potty, and three pee accidents {one of which was his naptime pull-up which probably would have been dry if he just would have gone before his nap}.
And one of those pees in the potty? He took himself there.
I'm seriously so proud. Of him and me.
And you know, I bet Dave Ramsey would be also.
1 comment:
lovin' that sticker chart! I'm a sticker girl...you can accomplish ANYTHING with stickers!!!
way to go Noah and Mommy!
Post a Comment