I love having productive days.
After breakfast this morning, the kids and I got ready and zipped up to Cool Cuts to get Noah's hair cut.
I didn't check what time they opened before we left.
I should have.
Because it resulted in sitting the our car for 15 minutes, listening to Noah whine, "Mommy! I wannnnnnna goooo innn! I wannna get my haaaair cut! Mommy, less' go! Less' go trains and haaair cut! Wannna gooo innn and sit in fire truuuuuck!". The truth came out... he was only excited about a haircut because of the train table and the firetruck seat.
I'm okay with that. Just not the whining.
Thankfully being there before it opened meant we were first. And still had time to make it to the library after a few minutes of play time at their train table.
We've been to storytime at the library a few times. Most of the times, I've had someone else with me, since I either had to chase Noah or tend to Ellie. But, with Noah being older and more aware of what is going on and Ellie being a little more mellow around a crowd that Noah was, it makes it easier on me to do things like this without a little extra help. Both kids loved it and I think we're going to start going more regularly.

Once we got home and the kids were down for their nap, I got to work on getting some meals prepped up. Ben does the bulk of the grocery shopping and last night was the "big" trip for the month, which meant our fridge was full of fresh meats and produce that needed to be frozen. Instead of just tossing it into the freezer, I prepped up some of our meals for the month. I've done batch cooking like this before, but never so many at one time. I managed to get SEVEN meals prepped in two and a half hours!I. was. exhausted.
But, at least that frees up lots of time for me this month so that I can play more with the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment