Noah simply adores our friend, Katie. So when I told him this morning that we were going to the library with Miss Katie today, he. was. excited. By now, you would think that I would know not to inform him of upcoming exciting events... because all morning long he asked, "Mommy, Miss Katie coming now? Miss Katie coming to our house and we go in Noah's car to the library right now, Mommy!"
She didn't even get a chance to ring the doorbell or knock - Noah was waiting for her. "Miss Katie, come in Noah's house!!" No surprise there that he was excited to see her. What was a surprise was Ellie, who immediately rushed over and gave her a kiss!
After storytime, we headed over to Chickfila for lunch with "Daddy and Mr. John" and then back to our house. Noah insisted that Katie read him his naptime story.
I laid down for a small nap myself after Katie left and was woken up an hour later by a little boy who had snuck out of his room after waking up from his nap. A little boy who poked at my eyes asking, "Mommy, you 'wake?"
"Yes, Buddy, I am now."
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment