A trip up to Oklahoma City wasn't in the cards, but I still needed to get the Little Ones back from Camp Nana-Papa. So, Mom and Papa Snow met me in Wichita Falls with the kiddos to do the swap. They both seemed pretty happy to see me, though the first thing I heard from Noah was, "Where's Daddy?".
Awesome.
I love to tell the stories about how my {at the time, little} cousins would greet me, not long after Ben and I started dating, with "Where's Ben?". And now, even my own kids ask.
They were exhausted. {All four of them!}
Noah whined that he wanted to ride some more in Papa-Nana's car. He and Ellie were asleep not long after we left.
Mom, Daddy-Man, BB, and Jessie - Thanks for giving Ben and I some time to ourselves and even some time with our friends before he deploys. And for not being annoyed when I couldn't come all the way up. We're SO very grateful for you all and words cannot express how truly thankful we are! ♥
Once back home, Ellie was immediately stripped down. Which made me a little sad since I didn't get a good photo of them in their St. Patrick's Day shirts. Mom said she had had some "bad diapers" while she was there... and, lucky me, she had one on the way home. No fever, so I'm hoping it's just the six teeth that I can feel trying to come in.
Meanwhile, I converted her bed.
Now, with Noah, we HAD to convert it... he climbed out and I barely caught him as his head hit the floor. Ellie has been doing the "leg-hike" and acting as if she might try to climb out. Since she's past the age that Noah was when we converted it for him, I went ahead and just did it. Knowing that we won't be needing to move her out of the actual crib for some time, I had bought her a cute toddler bedding set, a little more girly than the current crib bedding, on sale at Target a couple of weeks ago.
She. is. so. excited.
She loves her new big girl bed and so does Noah.

No comments:
Post a Comment