Noah and Ben playing, just before Ben left for "Man Night" with the guys from small group.
***
With the ringing in of the New Year, I usually review {and often times, revise} my goals for the year. And there are a few revisions.... for example, I'm decided to just average one book a month {whatever one I want to read at that moment, fiction or non-fiction}. With everything else that is going on, I think it's a more attainable goal and one that I am okay with. Right now, I'm reading The Lucky One and as soon as it is finished, I'm {re}reading Sense and Sensibility for our Girl's Book Club.
As far as my creative goals for the year go, I'm no where near being updated in my scrapbooks {I haven't even started Noah's and I owe a few people some pages too! I've got to get to work!!}, but I am getting close to being ready to open a shop on Etsy {watch for updates on that tomorrow!} and I've got ideas picked out for my Project Linus blanket.
My physical {health} goals are a work in progress. I've realized that in order to maintain my A1c at it's current level {especially with the endocrinologist that I have}, I've got to take a more pro-active stance... which means better logging of my blood sugars. And, how's the fixing {even} healthier meals going? Very well. :) Ben loves the new salad spinner.
I've also added one over-arching goal, that really doesn't fit under any one heading - getting {even} more organized. Ben and I both thrive under schedules, routines, and order. It's those first born tendencies. So it's no wonder that when we move, the chaos of it drives us to the edge of insanity. And added to the chaos from the move, since Noah was born {nay, since I got pregnant with him!}, my usual, very organized ways have slowly faded - not disappeared mind you, just become less pronounced. So, we've been trying to get back in the groove and are finally making progress. I've starting using FlyLady to help me get back my organized home. And it. is. awesome. My kitchen has never looked so good. Now, granted, I've never had a kitchen this big {remember how I used to have to store food in the bathroom?!}, but nevertheless, it feels great. Here's a shot of my newly organized and clean pantry:
2 comments:
Congratulations on opening your Etsy Store! I have been trying to get mine set up for a while, and I think you are beating me! I can’t wait to see all the goodies!
I can't help but feel jealous! You should see the lack of storage over here...I'm going crazy! I wanna big pantry like you...(whine with a pout!)
Post a Comment