Monday, May 24, 2010

Smiles, A Winner, and Project 30

As I was taking this picture of Ellie, I guess I was saying, "Say cheese! Smile for Mommy!",


because the little boy in the highchair next to me kept saying,

"Cheeze... smmm-mile Dock."


"Tam-rah milk. Cheeeeeze."



"Kick-in, smm-mile! Tam-rah nugget!"


But would Noah smile? Nope. But his milk did. And so did Doc and all three of his chicken nuggets.


***


Congrats are in order for BB, the other winner of the portable paper trimmer! Thanks for donating!! See you Wednesday, Little Seester and I'll give it to you then. It's still not to late to donate to LLS - tomorrow is the last official day of Ben's fundraising campaign before the marathon next weekend!

***

Look what the Mailman brought me today! My first Project 30 blanket for Project Linus! Thank you, thank you Michelley! It looks fabulous and I just know that it's going to bring some peace and comfort to a family who will receive it in the very near future.


I've had several of you ask when the blankets need to be sent in by and I've gone back and edited that in the Project 30 post, but will also mention here that since the chapter application won't be accepted until August, there is no rush. My goal is to have 30 blankets ready to go by October 1, so that if we are able to open a chapter here, we'll already have some blankets to donate. And, if it falls through and we're not able to open a chapter, please note that all the blankets with be donated to the OKC chapter.
P.S. Michelley: Jordan, Joey, Jonathon, Danny and Donnie. Oh yeah, baby! ;) Definitely turning 30!!

No comments: