Today I hosted a Make-A-Blanket Day/Weekend for Project Linus with some amazingly creative friends. {Click here to read more about Project Linus and Project 30.}
We. had. a. blast. All for a good cause.
We sewed.
e.jpg)
And quilted.
e.jpg)
And ate.
{Thanks for letting me take this pic, April!}
e.jpg)
All while the boys and Morgan watched the Little Ones.
{And played lots and lots of Wii.}We even had a surprise {early} visitor - KK, complete with a new car for Morgan.
{She's not excited or anything.}
e.jpg)
By the end of the "work" day, we had five finished blankets to donate to Project Linus, with two more nearly finished and three more waiting to be started. I wish I could say that I finished more than one quilt {my first ever to donate... it only took me two years!}, but between all the dishes and a sick baby... I was just happy to get to dinner!
e.jpg)
We topped off the day with dinner out - just for the girls!
e.jpg)
e.jpg)
By the end of the "work" day, we had five finished blankets to donate to Project Linus, with two more nearly finished and three more waiting to be started. I wish I could say that I finished more than one quilt {my first ever to donate... it only took me two years!}, but between all the dishes and a sick baby... I was just happy to get to dinner!
e.jpg)
We topped off the day with dinner out - just for the girls!
e.jpg)
And the biggest tip of the hat goes to my dear college friend Sonja - for traveling the farthest and for finishing up two blankets! {Sonja, I'm so glad you were able to make it out. And seriously, Faith, next time, we're dragging you out here if we have to.} I hope we get to do this again soon, Ladies!
1 comment:
AHHHHHH! I love the blankets! And I love this weekend! And I love that Sonja got to go! And I MUST come next time!
PS - My blanket is still not finished. You know how it goes. I needed blanket weekend to get it done! :) Soon, I promise.
Post a Comment