Noah seems to be feeling better... only one "incident" today, but I didn't grab the camera until after the kids were in bed for the night. So, I thought I'd share what we've done this week in Tot School - despite the fact that I haven't taken a single photo of Noah during Tot School time this week. For what it's worth and for those who are curious, here's what our baskets look like:
I got them at Dollar Tree for, you guessed it, a buck each. They are actually really great... mostly because they fold flat when not in use. Our current "old favorite" books go in the black magazine holder and our lesson plans and paper supplies are in the orange folder. Other items, like our foam letter and number puzzles and future manipulatives are in the plastic storage drawers just out of the photo on the left.
This week, we were working on the letter B and the number 2. During Table Time, we did a lot of the things you can find here {and here too} on Confessions of a Homeschooler. We did the do-a-dot "Bb", the Aa and Bb sorting games, the Apple pre-writing ringlet {Noah LOVED this, which is no surprise since he loves the dry erase board}, and we worked on the number two by counting the do-a-dot dots we put onto a piece of construction paper which had been folded into six boxes. Not to mention we read several books and are working to learn some new Bible verses.
Here's a shot of our baskets for Floor Time this week:

Originally, I wasn't going to add the pattern pages for the shape pieces {since they were new and he'd never played with them before}, but Noah caught me trying them out and wanted to do them too... so I added them to the basket. Once he got all the pieces on the pattern pages, he sorted the rest of the pieces by color. For the counting and sorting bears, I made little flash card-like cards with the number word, number and bear shapes. I've prepped them for numbers 1-5, but for now, he only has numbers 1 and 2 in the baskets. He did pretty well with these also, and by the end of school time today would count as he put each bear on the cards.
Hope this helps those of you who are working with your Little Ones at home too! ♥
Hope this helps those of you who are working with your Little Ones at home too! ♥
3 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing the photos and ideas! I was actually going to get some baskets this week, but I hesitated because I wasn't sure the ones I had in mind were right. I think I'll have to check out Dollar Tree for something like these. And I definitely want to get some of those Do-A-Dot markers...among other things. One thing at a time, I guess!
Michelle, do you get the Michael's coupons emailed to you? If not, sign up {and let me know if you don't... and I can forward you an email that does} - Michael's carries the Do-a-Dot markers and using a 40% off coupon makes them more reasonable. Keep me posted! ♥
I do get those 40% off coupons, so I will check that out ASAP:) Love Michael's!!!
Post a Comment