Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Fun

I finished up another quilt today for Project 30/Linus. At our Make-a-Blanket weekend, the girls and I were lamenting over how we want to be able to do free motion quilting, but just can't seem to get the hang of it. Girls, I think I figured out part of the problem!

Quilting finger grips. Or gloves {I think I would like that better}.

That, and I set my stitch length to 0... and didn't lower my feed dogs. I didn't do much on this quilt {just the squiggly lines on the inner sashings and the heart}, but I think it's going to be easier than we originally thought... and we definitely need to dedicate a craft night to perfecting it!


I'm hoping to have a real Project 30 update soon... I've got several more blankets that have been donated to show off!


We had a pretty full {and, at times, fun!} day all around - sewing, playing, eating, cleaning cars, playing Wii, mowing the lawn, and of course, some more playing. After I put Ellie down for bed, Noah grabbed his baseball glove, a ball, and a newly discovered baseball hat and proceeded to play baseball in the living room.


We couldn't help but laugh.


And recognize that he is all boy.


2 comments:

lisa said...

I can’t remember where it was, but I recently saw someone hand make a set of quilting gloves using puffy paint. Sort of the same deal as when Homemade by Jill made the non-slippy socks for her pregnancy bag with her son. I think maybe this was it. http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2010/06/one-step-quilting-gloves-tutorial.html I think you quilt looks super cute! And I’m totally not surprised that I have the same flower fabric!

Brenda Smith said...

Samantha, My quilting class starts tonight 8/17, so I'll be getting your quilt to you soon. Brenda