I miss this guy. I haven't posted much about what he's been up to {he says that he will do a post here soon!}, but I'm sure it goes without saying that he misses us just as much as we miss him. I feel so lucky and blessed that we are able to talk to him every day on the computer {and almost always feel bad complaining about him being gone when I consider where he could be and what he could be doing... which is what some other military wife's husband IS doing.}. It's tough, difficult, and at times heart-breaking, but it could be so much worse.
We are blessed beyond measure.
We had made plans last week to eat dinner with Grami and Papa Snow tonight and since both kids seemed relatively "ok" {Noah did have a few spots appear and Ellie's are finally starting to heal just a little}, we decided to just keep our dinner plans - Grami and Papa Snow didn't mind and though they were tired, the kids were excited to get out of the house too.
I'm so glad for this time here - if only for times like tonight, when my kids get to spend some extra time with those that mean so much to me.
***
I Don't Want to Forget:
On our way back to the house from dinner, Noah struck up a conversation that made me think he was remembering the last time we went to Soda Pops with Grami and Papa:
N: "Mommy, where's my Daddy? I can't find him."
Me: "He's on his long trip for work, remember? He'll be back, Buddy."
N: "But I miss my Daddy. I can't find him."
Me: "I know Buddy. Mommy misses him too."

No comments:
Post a Comment