Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quality Time

It's been a little hectic around here. Between unpacking, trying to get settled in here, getting things settled with the Abilene house, and getting ready for Jessie's personal shower this weekend, I've been having to make it a point to spend some quality time with the kids. So this morning we went to the storytime at the local library.


It was an epic fail.

Long story short, the kids weren't too hip on the actual storytime {"Mommy, I'm ready to go."} and I wasn't too hip on the non-sharing kids with Mommies who didn't play kindly either at the train table. Needless to say, leaving was difficult because Noah didn't understand that we were leaving not because HE wasn't playing kindly {he was}, but because OTHER kids weren't playing kindly. It simply broke my heart hearing him saying repeatedly, "Mommy, I want to play! I'm sorry, I'll play kindly!" Oi. We might try it again, or try one of the ones more geared towards Ellie's age range.


They've been adjusting pretty well so far, with the exception of their sleep schedules. While at home, they slept mostly on the same schedule, here they've just been a mess. Often just getting them to lay down {and not run to each other's beds... or stand on their beds... or play with the blinds... or talk endlessly to each other} is an ordeal. Today, I'd had enough and left Ellie in their room {since she had FINALLY fallen asleep} and put Noah on Nana and Papa's bed for a rest.


Ellie woke up first and got to enjoy her snack in Mommy's room.




When I went to check in on Noah... he had built himself a nest with the pillows and stripped himself down to just his cloth diaper.


He's a mess, that one!




And, an easy way to guarantee good snuggle time with the kids? Watch "the new princess movie" with them. ♥

No comments: