Thursday, June 16, 2011

Look out, Maryland...

because here comes the Smith Family!


We found out last week that our new duty station starting in January 2012 will be Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Aberdeen, Maryland.


Truthfully, we're still {I am, at least!} in shock and even some confusion as APG was not at all on our dream sheet and isn't even an Air Force Base - it's an Army Post! Not to mention the distance it'll put us from all the people and places we love the most. I guess the exciting part is that we'll be within easy driving distance of many historical and entertaining landmarks... and are expecting lots of visitors already! ♥


I'm certain that there will be plenty more to say about it in the coming months, but for now, that's all I've got.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Oh pooh! I was hoping it would be in my neck of the woods! :) I'm sure knowing takes off some stress though. Hope the little ones are feeling better. Go Army!