Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day and other random things...

In an effort to help with the "green" movement and do what we can to be good stewards of this planet (isn't that what God has called us to do?), we (okay, I) bought a couple of canvas grocery bags at Wal-mart. I liked these the best because of the slogan on it....


I finally used them (for their intended purpose) today when I did my Grocery Game shopping. I'll need to invest in a few more though, before I can go completely green! Noah was pretty pooped out though, by the time we were done.

I also was able to get a couple of items marked off my sewing to do list:

An initial shirt for Carter and a new rice heating pad for me.

Anyone who has ever been over at my parent's house knows how important a rice heating pad is to an Akers. My mom keeps a basket full of them to be used by everyone for various aliments from cramps to headaches to just keeping you warm (seriously, that's what I use it for sometimes!). Mine was falling apart and looking pretty bad, so I threw it out and hadn't yet made a new one. Now I've finally got a new one. I used a different technique on Carter's shirt than I did on Noah and Megan's shirts and I like the way it turned out. I'm going to use it on Angie's quilt, which is next on my to do list... all the fabric is washed and ready to be ironed. This is the only glimpse you'll get of it until she opens it on June 7th!

And, a quick shout out to my graduating girls - I'm so proud of you Jessie and Michelley! We really, really, wish we could be at both of your graduations.... just know that we've been praying hard for this day to get here for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shout out! And HOOK 'EM!! \m/ (that's my hook 'em horns hand) Thanks girlfriend!

Unknown said...

How fun are those fabrics!?!?! I am sooo lucky! ;-)