Monday, November 22, 2010

A Cloth Bum

I've been tossing around the idea of switching to cloth diapers for a while now. It all started when I was still pregnant with Ellie and dreaming of potty training Noah. I considered switching because I thought it might make it easier for him to train and then I could use them on Ellie. That was in 2009.

I seriously wish I had done that.

Fast-forward a year. Potty training Noah. What an ordeal! Again, I considered it, but decided to just put the boy in underwear instead and deal. And I did. {And I also threw some underwear away... if we're being honest.}

One thing I realized through it all, I can handle dealing with poop.

So, the week before last, I made the decision. The decision to at least try cloth diapers. I ordered a few and they arrived just before we left for Oklahoma. With just enough time for me to get them prepped to be used once we got back. Now, these aren't the same cloth diapers we had when we were kids.
They are new and improved. BumGenius 4.0.

Meet the cutest cloth bum around.

I'm barely one day in and I already love them. And am planning to order more soon. We'll still be using disposables {for travel, church, and probably overnight}, but not nearly as many as we were. One of my friends mentioned that she can't believe that I'm just now switching... being the Dave Ramsey girl that I am, and all. I'm in shock too... and really wish we had started with Noah!

Saving money and maybe even helping the environment a little? Perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about using cloth diapers when we have kids for the environmental/$ reasons. Let me know how it goes!

faith buss said...

Wow! Super mom! I've considered it over the years, and could handle the "regular food" poop (and I only know this because of potty training as well)... But def NOT breastfed/newborn poop. Nope. Nope. Nope.