Thursday, November 4, 2010

Imagination

Ellie and I took Noah to get a haircut today at Kool-Kuts. He's actually been requesting it for about a week now. NOT because he really wanted it cut, but because he knew they had a Thomas Train Table, Thomas movies and a cool car for him to sit in. So while I was pleased that there was no wait to get his hair cut... he was not.




He talked to the barber and I the entire time about the trains, Thomas, and tracks. And he moved. Alot. So much so that she snipped a spot in the front that shouldn't have been snipped. {Honestly, it's all over a little shorter than we normally get it cut.}

He was not pleased to leave without getting to play very long. Luckily a Dum-Dum is a good lure to get him back to the car.

Once home {and after naps} I spiked up the front to help hide the accidental snip:


He reminds me so much of a certain {not-so-little-anymore} cousin of mine in this photo... any guesses who?


I thought he looked SO handsome.


Ellie didn't seem as impressed and continued to eat her green beans and chicken nuggets.




After dinner and baths and putting Ellie down for the night, I ran a quick errand, leaving Ben and Noah playing in the living room. When I got back home, before we put Noah to bed, Ben had Noah show me what he {Noah} had built while I was gone:




Look familiar?



{The blue one is Madame Blueberry.}



Ben said he had no clue what Noah was building or playing until he heard him say "Bob and Larrwee". We both marvelled that he even got the proportions correct.



I love that kid. And his wonderfully developing imagination.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Whoa! He looks like such a big boy with that hair cut!

That is pretty neat what he did with the blocks. I wouldn't have figured it out, but I can totally see it.