Saturday, November 13, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

Ben and I have always been big fans of the Samaritan's Purse: Operation Christmas Child. We loved putting together the shoe boxes, whether with friends or by ourselves. I'm always looking for ways to include the kids in giving to others and have been looking very much forward to the day that Noah and Ellie would be able to help with gathering and putting together the gifts. Ellie is still a little young, but this year, Noah was very involved.

We shopped together for the toys to go in the boxes. He desperately wanted to keep a little wooden train that we had purchased for the boy box. I gently reminded him that it was for a little boy who doesn't have a lot of toys. It was still a little difficult for him to understand - justifiably so. What wasn't hard for him to understand however, was writing a note to our little friends who would be receiving our boxes.


And, he willingly handed over the box to the gentleman at the drop-off location.


Oh Dear Little Friends who receive these Christmas boxes, we love you! And my Dear Little Ones, may God continue to mold and shape your hearts to love the things that He loves!

2 comments:

*Kelly* said...

We did that too this year. Ella had a blast shopping for the kiddos :-) Next year will be even more fun!

lisa said...

We took ours this morning! I actually used your link to print our label. Hopefully I will be more on the ball next year, and we can do more. And we had the same problem with the Hot Wheels.