Last week was a "get-back-in-the-swing-of-it" Tot School week. This week we reviewed G and H, which we had already done before Christmas Thanksgiving.
Noah has been becoming a lot more proficient with the Do-a-Dot markers. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why he would dot one circle multiple times. It dawned on me Tuesday when we were doing a Gg page - he wanted the entire circle filled in. So, to make sure he was getting the circle filled in AND learning one-to-one correspondence, I started having him press it down and say the letter name before lifting it up, allowing just the right amount of time for the ink flow out to fill up the circle. Works like a charm nearly every time.
Oh, and you would think I would have learned from Tuesday's mess not to walk away to grab my ringing phone.
On the third {and final} day of school for the week, I always have a fun little craft or art project for him to create. Today, for the letter H, we made a hat. Noah helped me spell his name and the word "hat". I would ask him what letter made the "/h/" sound and he'd reply "H!". We did the same with A and T. So proud of that boy! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment